Python Solution for HackerRank Problem: Grading Students
HackerRank is a nice place to solve the problems, lets solve Grading Students problem using python.
HackerLand University has the following grading policy:
- Every student receives a grade in the inclusive range from 0 to 100 .
- Any grade less than 40 is a failing grade.
Sam is a professor at the university and likes to round each student's grade according to these rules:
- If the difference between the grade and the next multiple of 5 is less than 3, round grade up to the next multiple of 5 .
- If the value of grade is less than 38 , no rounding occurs as the result will still be a failing grade.
For example, grade will be rounded to 85 but grade = 29 will not be rounded because the rounding would result in a number that is less than 40 .
Given the initial value of grade for each of Sam's n students, write code to automate the rounding process.
Complete the function gradingStudents in the editor below. It should return an integer array consisting of rounded grades.
gradingStudents has the following parameter(s):
- grades: an array of integers representing grades before rounding
The first line contains a single integer, n, the number of students.
Each line i of the n subsequent lines contains a single integer, grades[i] , denoting student i's grade.
- 1 <= n <= 60
- 0 <= grades[i] <= 100
For each grades[i] , print the rounded grade on a new line.
4 73 67 38 33
75 67 40 33