Python Solution for HackerRank Problem: Compare the Triplets
Problem solving is the real fun to feel, Let's solve another problem called Compare the Triplets from hackerRank using python. Let's jump into it.
Alice and Bob each created one problem for HackerRank. A reviewer rates the two challenges, awarding points on a scale from 1 to 100 for three categories: problem clarity, originality, and difficulty.
The rating for Alice's challenge is the triplet a = (a, a, a), and the rating for Bob's challenge is the triplet b = (b, b, b).
The task is to find their comparison points by comparing a with b, a with b, and a with b.
- If a[i] > b[i], then Alice is awarded 1 point.
- If a[i] < b[i], then Bob is awarded 1 point.
- If a[i] = b[i], then neither person receives a point.
Comparison points is the total points a person earned.
Given a and b, determine their respective comparison points.
a = [1, 2, 3]
b = [3, 2, 1]
- For elements *0*, Bob is awarded a point because a .
- For the equal elements a and b, no points are earned.
- Finally, for elements 2, a > b so Alice receives a point.
The return array is [1, 1] with Alice's score first and Bob's second.
Complete the function compareTriplets in the editor below.
compareTriplets has the following parameter(s):
- int a: Alice's challenge rating
- int b: Bob's challenge rating
- int: Alice's score is in the first position, and Bob's score is in the second.
The first line contains 3 space-separated integers, a, a, and a, the respective values in triplet a.
The second line contains 3 space-separated integers, b, b, and b, the respective values in triplet b.
- 1 ≤ a[i] ≤ 100
- 1 ≤ b[i] ≤ 100
5 6 7 3 6 10
In this example:
- a = (a, a, a) = (5,6, 7)
- b = (b, b, b) =(3, 6, 10)
Now, let's compare each individual score:
- a > b, so Alice receives 1 point.
- a = b, so nobody receives a point.
- ,a < b, so Bob receives 1 point.
Alice's comparison score is , and Bob's comparison score is . Thus, we return the array .
Sample Input 1
17 28 30 99 16 8
Sample Output 1
Comparing the 0th elements,17 < 99 so Bob receives a point.
Comparing the 1st and 2nd elements,28 > 26 and 30 > 8 so Alice receives two points.
The return array is [2,1] .
If you got any better solution please share with me.